- A smoothie is basically a blended fruit drink. The best-tasting smoothies are made from fruit that is fresh or frozen, and not canned.
- All smoothies begin with a liquid base. This can be orange juice, milk or another liquid.
- You can make a frostier drink by freezing fresh fruit before making a smoothie.
- Smoothies are best when they're fresh out of the blender, but they can be frozen the night before, as well – just remove the smoothie from the freezer about an hour before drinking.
- You can replace a meal with a smoothie or shake by adding a scoop of high-quality protein powder and a tbsp. of high-quality olive or flax oil.
[7:01 PM | 15 comments ]