1. Defrag Disk allows to Speed Up Access to Data
Disk fragmentation is one of the cause for computer's slow performance. When files are fragmented, it leaves gaps here and there and the computer must search the hard disk when the file is opened to link it back together. By running the Disk Defragmenter it will speed up the response time.
* Follow Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter
* Click the drives you want to defrag and click Analyze
* Click Defragment
2. Detect and Fix Disk Errors
Your hard disk will develop bad sectors over time. It will slow down the hard disk performance and sometimes make data writing difficult or even impossible. To detect and fix disk errors, there's a tool called the Error Checking utility. What it does is that It will scan the hard disk for bad sectors and system errors and then repair them, rsulting in faster performance.
* Follow Start > My Computer
* In My Computer right-click the hard disk you want to scan and click Properties
* Click the Tools tab
* Click Check Now
* Select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box
* Click Start
3. Turn Off Indexing Services
Indexing Services is a small application, but uses a lot of CPU. By indexing and updating lists of all the files on the computer, it helps you to do a search for something faster as it scans the index list. But if you know where your files are, you can disable this system service. It won't do any harm to you machine, whether you search often or not very often.
* Go to Start
* Click Settings
* Click Control Panel
* Double-click Add/Remove Programs
* Click the Add/Remove Window Components
* Uncheck the Indexing services
* Click Next
4. Remove Fonts for Speed
Fonts, especially TrueType fonts, use quite a bit of system resources. For optimal performance, limit your fonts down to just those that you need to use on a daily basis and fonts that applications may require.
* Open Control Panel
* Open Fonts folder
* Go through and remove the ones you hardly use
5. Run Registry Cleaner
Over time, the Windows registry becomes bloated with invalid and corrupted entries. These invalid entries remains due to the uninstallation of software that leaves a trace. By not having a clean registry it will slow down your computer significantly. By using an advanced registry cleaner it will repair and remove those invalid and corrupted entries. We recommend Registry Easy as it's the best one on the market.